Hi all,

I've been using gethostbyname() in my network code for a long time with
the fix for hostnames that return more than 4 addresses. This has worked
fine. Every once in a while a user comes back to me saying that they got
a "gethostbyname error" (an error message I output in case gethostbyname
returns NULL). I usually tell them that this must be a problem with
their DNS configuration in their network settings.

However today I got 5 emails from users saying that gethostbyname
failed. On my 2 Palms and in POSE it works fine. What can make
gethostbyname() to fail ??? The same users usually claim that their
other network apps (email, web browser) work fine.

Any clues? anyone's got a reliable function to connect to a net address?

Thanks in advance

Chris