In a message dated 10/24/00 11:40:43 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> What are the restrictions on ID numbers in resource files? I've noticed
that
> when I use numbers above 10000 for form resources, using the contrast
dialog
> does not work. I've searched and searched all documentation and online
> resources I know of, but couldn't come up with anything. Anyone?

Resource ID numbers above 10000 are resverved for the system (OS). To call
the built-in dialogs (like the Find Dialog, etc.), the system calls dialogs
of the specified numbers, so if you set dialogs with IDs over 10000, the
system either calls your dialogs instead of the system's and doesn't get the
proper response or it just brings up an error.

( }#^} Ritz