Federico-

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, but I do know the
fundamentals of the PalmOS. Maybe I wasn't clear, but my situation is that
if I am creating an unknown about of databases how would one go about
creating the name (nameP) of the database and reference this name across
mutiple c files. Such as DBName1, DBName2 and etc. Could one keep the
database names in an array and reference them across other c files by
calling something like DBName[1]? But then how would one make them extern to
other files?

Any body out there have any input?

Carl

"Federico Vaggi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> This function creates a database:
>
> Err  DmCreateDatabase (UInt cardNo, CharPtr nameP, ULong creator,  ULong
> type, Boolean  resDB)
>
> Where:
>
>  cardNo is the card where the that will be created
> nameP   is the name of the database(up to 31 characters)
> creator   is the creator id.
> type  is the type.
> resDB   if true, will create a resourse database. (You must set this
false)

>  This function returns 0 if no error, or the error code  if an error
occurs

> Federico Vaggi
> Irion S.A.
> Av. Cordoba 795 - 1Piso Of. 2