I get a task of completing a backup and restore application work like
Handspring backup module.

Scanning through the Palm Programmer's Manual, I found the ExgDB routine fit
our needs.

By using the ExgDBWrite, I can write out the internal database and store as
file format.
However, when I try to restore those file by ExgDBRead,  the application
failed to restore it all database.

I learnt the "specail feature" of ExgDBRead from some past post of this
forum, that the last record of the database should be handle with special
care.

And I can backup and restore most of the application after that, However,
when I try to backup all the database in the Palm, and try to restore all of
them, a number of problem occur.

The main problme is, after restore all the database, I can't soft reset the
device.  ( Is it due to I have backup and restore some currently running
application?)

Other problems are:
1.  How to restore special database     eg. Graffiti ShortCut?  which has a
special attribute "dmHdrAttrOKToInstallNewer"
2.  Did I go to the wrong direction of using the ExgDB for this application?
3.  How is Hotsyn application handled the restore process?  ( I have
subscribe and ask for source of PalmOS in PalmOS's web page..  But still
waiting feedback...)

Any assistance and advice would be greatly appreciate.

Best Regards,
Addy