On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 02:27:50PM -0600, Chris Olson wrote:
> Ok, I have a problem.  I'm coding for a Palm OS 3.1 machine (IIIe).  I'm
> also coding for a IIIc, m100 and V, Vx, IIIx, and IIIxe.  Anyway, this
> problem is occurring only on those palms with an OS version below 3.3.

Same problem with Visors...

> On OS 3.3 and above, this works flawlessly.  On 3.2 and below it dies
> with an error 'ScrDriverNew.c Line: 500, Invalid Params' .  What I'm
> doing is creating an off secreen bitmap I can copy the multi-bit image
> to so I can than use copy rectangle to crop out part of the image.
>
> I can see three ways out of this problem:
>
> 1)  Write my own version of WinDrawBitmap in assembler so that I no
> longer have the problem.  The routine should work with any depth (1, 2,
> 4, 8, and 16).
>
> 2) Dummy up a bitmap structure and make the frame bitmap resource look
> like a window, so I can skip the WinDrawBitmap issue and just use
> WInCopyRectangle.  (btw, WinDrawBitmap works fine when going directly to
> the screen, go figure...)
>
> 3)  Figure out something else I'm not seeing ...

Write directly to the screen and/or use two versions of the code.

Before 3.3, PalmOS only supports 4 level grayscale, not 16, even if
the system has an EZ processor capable of it.  For PiNGer, I have two
codebases, one uses all the normal calls and goes to the highest
supported depth, and a second "hack" for the Visor which fiddles with
the LCD registers and writes directly to the screen buffer.