I will be out of the office today 11-16-2k.  I will however read my email this
evening.  If you have an emergency you can get me on my cell phone.

Regards,

Chuck

----------- Original message follows -----------

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> In a message dated 11/15/00 10:17:43 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > I'm just a newbie myself, but my initial hunch would be to try adding an
> >  explicit screen refresh to the caller application after the call to the
> >  secondary program - it may be that control has returned, but the Palm
OS
> >  doesn't realise that it needs to refresh the screen [similar to want
> happens
> >  when you forget to check the "Save behind" property of a modal form].
>
> Correct me if im wrong, but when you launch another app, you quit the
current
> app. Thus you have to EXPLICITLY return to the previous app (like with the
> same call but to the 1st app)

If you use SysUIAppSwitch(...) - YES!

If you use SysAppLaunch(..) - NO!

Returning to the launcher app should be done by posting an appStopEvent
in the launched app followed by an explicit  screen refreshment in the
launcher.
It works for me when I use SysAppLaunch...

/Bulent