see http://oasis.palm.com/dev/kb/faq/1817.cfm.

> I have try to create several bitmaps which were 1,2,8 bit
> bitmap, size 21x21 pixels,
> and create bitmap families.
> If I use debug method (press F5), the app work fine and the
> icon will change to color icon
> (or gray icon if it was in gray mode).
> But if I drag the app to Emulator, it will show me such message:
> Could not install the Palm OS file "....."  because a
> duplicate 'tAIB'(1000) resource was found.

This is usually because you have created an icon or bitmap family without
any members.  Open your Constructor file and check your families --
especially the one with ID 1000.  Also be aware that bitmaps and bitmap
families cannot have overlapping IDs, so you'll want to check that.

-hkmlt