-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Gary
Miller
Sent:   Monday, December 04, 2000 9:00 AM
To:     Palm Developer Forum
Subject:        Re: [W] Creator IDs

Steve, it sounds like you're on the right track. The databases are not
stored within the application, but they should be associated with some
application by way of the creator ID. I have an application that uses 5
databases, and they all have the same ID (but different names!) This way,
when the application is deleted, the databases are deleted along with it.
Otherwise the user would have to hard-reset the device in order to remove
the database. So, I don't recommend using a unique creator ID for the
database. Why do you want your PDB to be stand alone? Is it shared by
several applications?

"Steve Stover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

<snip>

> Now I've got another issue I need to resolve.  If the database ID =
> application ID, the database seems to be stored inside the application
> somehow.  At least I can't see the created database in the Info or Delete
> lists.  I need standalone databases, *and* valid creator Ids.  It looks
like
> the initial application worked because the database id was different from
<snip>