POSE 3.0a7 on the Mac...

Open up a new memo in Memo Pad, type "a" and select the letter from right to
left so that the arrow cursor goes just beyond the left edge of the screen as
you finish the selection process.  Try to delete "a" by using the delete key
or by typing it over. I won't work.  This is just a simple illustration of a
much more severe problem.

[my setup: beige PowerPC G3 tower with OS 9.04 with 512Mb RAM].

Best regards, Paul

P.S. It took me a couple of weeks of frustration to figure out that it was
NOT my LapTopHack which caused the problem but POSE itself is defective.