>From your email, it doesn't seem that the pdb contains 2 strings in the
format you expect. It's not clear from your description if the "\0" means
there is a slash character in the string followed by a "0" character or if
it means there are nulls (0x00) in your strings. But I do believe that the
data is not in the format you expected it to be and you should clarify that
before trying to debug your code. In order to get the results you expected,
I would think you should have several strings in the pdb that look something
like "John Smith\01234\0" where the \0 is equal to the null character, 0x00.

Also if you are just beginning to program in "C", make sure you understand
the concepts of pointers, character string termination and structures. This
will help in much in the future.

--Alan