Subject: RE: How to test for valid pointers?
From: "Bobby Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:39:58 -0500

Thanks for you reply.  Not to start a flame war or anything, but I'll state
this again, my question was not an issue of if I had a now defunct pointer
or not.  As an exercise, I was examining system Features and I was trying to
discover if there was a known mechanism for determining what is a valid
pointer and what is not.  Not pointers I've generated, but ANY pointer,
specifically pointers stored as Feature values.  I DID look into this
problem before posting.  There is no documentation or knowledge base
articles covering this domain.  In fact, I spent the better part of two days
trying to work out a solution on my own.  And yes, I have over 2 years of
Palm OS development and I do know the basics of good coding practices.  I
even know how to manage my own pointers. :)  But by your own words, this
falls into the category of "issues that are not documented".  When I had a
road block, I thought to myself: "This would be a good question for