Thank you for the useful info. Here is the question from another newbi (I am about to
start my first project):
Does "Advanced Palm Programming" book teach you how to create .pdb file? If not, where
can I find detail info about it and could you give me the link? I searched Palm Web,
but could not find it.
If I already have a PDF file, how do I create .pdb without retype everything by hand.
It is a 50 pages "Quick Reference Guide" which contains text and tables. I want to
move it to Palm. So user can tab on some title or sub title to review the the topic in
detail.
Can anyone give me any ideas? I am using C, do not know Java and C++. I am using MAC
and CodeWarrior.
Thank you very much
Christina

I have just gone through the same transition you are starting.  You have
already found one of the best resources - this forum (if you use and don't
abuse...)

I have found these books helpful:

Palm OS Programming for Dummies - ISBN 0-7645-0563-7

This book is getting a bit dated, but I still found it helpful for stepping
through my first few programming attempts.

Advanced Palm Programming - ISBN 0-471-39087-9

I've got years and years of programming experience, so the Dummies book got
me through the simple "how to" stage. Then this book (Advanced Palm
Programming) rapidly got me going on the good stuff... real stuff you want
to do in real projects.  And the authors of this book (Steve Mann/ Ray
Rischpater) are both active participants on this forum.

I have also found the following web sites helpful:

http://www.palmos.com/dev/
http://www.palmos.com/alliance/resources/
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/docs/palmos/ReferenceTOC.html
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/docs/palmos/CompanionTOC.html