I've got 3 buttons across the bottom of the screen.

One menu selection changes the text of these buttons. This works just fine
if you select it from a proper menu. However, if you select it from its
shortcut, the following happens:

1) The menu command bar pops up
2) The buttons are relabeled and redrawn
3) The menu command bar goes away
4) The buttons are redrawn as they originally were (presumably because the
command bar saves the bits behind it).

Problem is that there's no menuCommandBarCloseEvent to look for or anything
similar. And I can't really depend on frmUpdate to redraw the form because
it takes some time for the command bar to go away. This is truly annoying,
so any ideas?