hi all.

A while back I also ran into the problem of how to convert floats to strings
and back.  I was *astounded* to discover the permitted impreciseness
required of float in order to be standards conforming (according to "the C
language", 2nd edition).  FLT_EPSILON = 1e-5 and
DBL_EPSILON = 1e-9 !!!!  (this epsilon bit indicates the smallest number so
that 1.0 + x is *guaranteed* to be unequal to 1.0)
So if you want to convert floats to strings, you don't have to 'worry' about
any values less than 0.00001   Does anyone know if the C99 standard mandates
smaller epsilon values for floats and doubles?

Sincerely,
Martin