Chad Harrison schrieb:

> > If you need to support Palm OS 3.5 and older, your best bet is to beam a
> > single archive containing all the databases, compressed or not. If you know
> > that your app exists on the receiving device, you can have it break apart
> > the archive into its constituent databases. Otherwise, you'll need to make
> > the archive "self-extracting". This is trickier.
>
> any pointers on creating this "self-extracting" archive? I still need to
> support < 3.5.

Chad,

sorry that I didn't respond earlier - I simply overlooked this discussion thread.

We have a tool called smartSFX that produces self-extracting (SFX) Palm archives
(.prc) on the desktop PC. You can find more info on our Web site:
http://www.bitplan.com/com/SmartSFX/index.html

There's an eval version available from PalmGear:
http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=9828

Email me if you have more questions.

Regards

        -Sören

--
Dr. Sören Henkel
Tel +49 2159 5236-15 * Mobil +49 179 2076837 * [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BITPlan GmbH - smart solutions
Meerbuscher Str. 58-60 * D-40670 Meerbusch-Osterath
Tel +49 2159 5236-0 * Fax -10 * www.bitplan.com
Möchten Sie zum Team gehören? http://www.bitplan.com/de/Jobs.html!