> Have CW 6.0, a Handspring Prism. After defining in CW that I
> will be using
> the device to debug, running the debugger asks me to put the
> device in debug
> mode. I turn the Prism on while on the cradle, go to the main
> menu and type
> the debug sequence: the shortcut symbol, two taps and the number 2.
>
> It doesn't do anything. CW waits and the Prism beeps once or twice and
> stares at me. What am I doing wrong?

First, I have to question your reference to USB.  Release 6 did not
support USB, so you'll have to have a serial cradle in order to debug to
the device.  Then, once you have the serial cradle, and you have told the
debugger in the Palm Connection Settings panel which COM port to connect
to, debug again.  This time, though, you will need to be aware of
something additional you'll need to do for debugging to USB devices.  As
discussed in the Handspring 1.0 Readme in your installation, you will need
to press and hold the Up button on the device before writing the two and
until the three-paned debugging window shows up.  If you have system
sounds on, this is what you will see:

1.  Start the debugger, and it prompts you to put the device in console
mode.
2.  The device is on the Preferences screen (if not, do a soft reset).
Press Find.
3.  In the Find window, write "shortcut dot dot".  You will see a cursive
"l" and a period on the find line.
4.  Press and hold the up button on the device.  You will hear a
repetitive clicking sound.
5.  Write a "2" on the number side of the Grafitti area.  The find line
will go blank, and the clicking will continue as you continue to hold the
up button.
6.  Press OK on your computer screen, and the download will begin.
7.  When the download is complete, the clicking will stop and you will see
the debugger window on your computer screen.  Now you can let go of the up
button and debug normally.

-hkmlt