You also need to copy "PPalmRez.dll" from the Preference Panel directory on
the 4.0 CD.  This version should be 4,5,2,0

If that doesn't work, try going to the bitmap you are adding or editing and
changing a single pixel and then changing it back. Then compile.

If it still doesn't work, try taking your bitmaps and putting them in a
bitmap family if they're not already.

Jim