From: Danko Radic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 1:53 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Handspring module insertion detection by 'extern' app

How to detect Handspring module insertion by an application residing in
Visor memory, not on the module?
Suppose I have an application in Visor memory that is using the module in
some way (GlenAyre pager). When inserted, module installs its default apps
and overwrites all the 'registrations' that were set before. So, what I need
is to detect module insertion and restart my application to set them back.
The problem is that 'official' way of module insertion notification goes
through sysAppLaunchCmdSystemReset L.C. sent to apps (with
dmHdrAttrResetAfterInstall bit set) residing ONLY on module. So, my app in
memory receives nothing!
Is there any way to catch notification about module insertion when 'you'
aren't on the module?

Regards,

 -D.R.