You da man. Thanks for the quick and expertise advise, Ben, I really
appreciate your professionalism.

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Combee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 12:17 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Special Characters in Constructor

"Carl Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:42204@palm-dev-forum...

> Does anyone know how to get some of the special characters, like bullets,
> diamonds and ect. to show up in a string resource? I'm typing some help
text
> in the constructor and have noticed other examples where the text has
these
> 'special' characters in a 'String' item. But I can't find the right
> combination, on the keyboard, to make the symbols appear. Any suggestions?

Use a program like AsciiChart (on the Palm) to find the symbol's hex code.
Then, hit the "hex" button next to the text area to toggle Constructor into
hex editing mode.  Enter the hex code where you want the character, then
toggle off -- I use this often to insert the over-the-air characters into
buttons for my Palm VII applications.

--
Ben Combee
Veriprise Wireless <http://www.veriprise.com>