I agree.  This type of routine must be called *each* time your application
gets launched.  This will cover you for users running afterburner, and
switching speeds on you between launches etc.

My use of the number 1200 previously was purely an example, and is quite
fictional.  I got a number somewhere in this ballpark when running under the
emulator, so who knows what a real device would give...

Regarding the *reason* for this routine.... Err.... I have absolutely no
idea.... Something to do with smart cards.... I just found it an interesting
idea to try and implement.... I'm sure Bill Shaw could elaborate a little
further....

Regards,

Alan Ingleby
Systems Developer