On Tue, 8 May 2001, DIAMOND JEFF wrote:

> The way it's done now (correct me Heather) is to create a bitmap family and then
>populate it with bitmaps of different depths.  The OS
> then picks the bitmap that matches the current graphics mode to display.

Is the "display mode" selectable by the user OR does an application have
to switch modes?

I mean, say I have an application that has 2, 4, 8 bit graphics in a
bitmapfamily.  Can the user simply put his Palm in either 2, 4, 8 bit
modes and the OS will select the proper bitmap?

Where does the user make these selections?  I have not seen that as an
option anywhere on the Palm.