"
Danny Epstein wrote:
>Applications can use resource IDs from 1 through 9999. Zero is best
>avoided because it's often used to mean "nothing". 10000 through 32767 are
>reserved for system use. 32768 through 65535 (or -1 through -32768 if you
>prefer to think of it that way) are not supported by the tools.

Thomas Maeder asked:
>Where is this limit documented?

I assume the limit you're referring to is the 9999/10000 limit. The Palm OS
Reference says:
   "Note that resource IDs greater than 10000 are reserved for system use."
in the Data Manager Data Structures section. This isn't quite correct; it
should say "greater than or equal to". I'll mention this to our doc folks.

>Is there a symbolic constant in a SDK header file?

Not that I know of. Let me guess: you're programmatically creating
resources, right? I'd just define your own constant for 10000.
--
Danny Epstein
OS Engineer, Palm Inc.