> From: Viren Shakya
>
> My question is : How much of "processing" should be
> done natively on the palm ?  I am desiging an
> application whereupon I need to process each and
> every word of "textual" data. This data is gonna
> be a real "massive". I have been quite

Working with many records in a large data set tends to be very slow on
PalmOS devices.  There is overhead with associated with locking/unlocking
each record.  If you want to manipulate large sets of data, it is almost
always better to do that on the desktop, then sync the modified data onto
the Palm.