Hi Andrew,

The simplest way is to use a creator id for an application that you know is
always there, and doesn't have an existing conduit... your best bet is
Calculator (creator id = 'calc'). You just need to lookout for the
situation where someone else is already using that creator id.

This is the simplest mechanism, and is mentioned in our Palm OS training
courses.

I see you're in Australia Andrew - contact me and we can talk offline if
you like.

Regards,
Gavin.

Master Instructor,