Hello,

> > I think you would be better off managing the resource file so you can
have
> > seperate builds.  Very few software developers like to have their
binaries
> > from a make altered by "branding" software.

Multilizer supports binary localization method in Palm software
localization. Multilizer derives for example the following benefits from
binary localization. Many features affect, besides developers, also
translators and the QA. ( To see both Pros and Cons of binary localization,
check "Localization Types":
http://www.multilizer.com/dev/localizationtypes.htm )

Reduced complexity.
- Since Multilizer reduces the number of files dispatched for translation to
one PRC and Multilizer Project file (XML), the overhead of file management
is reduced in terms of complexity, engineering time and overall project
cost.
- The binary file contains all the necessary information to localize and
test the translated application already on the translator's computer.
- No need for extra development and compiler licenses, as they're simply not
needed for localization purposes, such as linguistic QA.
- No compiling required. Since the binary is being edited directly, there's
no need to recompile language versions.
- Translators can translate without any danger of accidentally damaging
critical code sections of your resource files.

More efficient use of limited resources
- Reducing the complexity of the localization process increases team
bandwidth; Multilizer unleashes this to enable more languages to be handled
simultaneously.
- Since there is no compilation process required, the downtime between
releases of builds to your testing team is reduced substantially.
- Your engineers can achieve faster debug-fix cycles, since translation bugs
can be fixed immediately within Multilizer.
- Product revisions can be updated quickly, requiring just the changed UI
items to be translated from within Multilizer. This reduces the impact on
testing and engineering, shortening development cycles enabling faster
release of language versions.

More Secure Method
- Sensitive source files do not need to be dispatched to translation
agencies, ensuring that you protect you IP and investment in your code. All
you need to send is a *.PRC along with Multilizer Project file.
- There is no way to damage your source files. This reduces your engineering
and testing requirements.
- Shorter time-to-market and better quality unleashes capacity, enabling
more products to be localized simultaneously.

In addition to the features above, there are more generic features in
Multilizer including
 -- built-in Translation Memory technology that enables re-use of
translations; and integration of existing company terminology into
localization process.
 -- Wizard-technology that helps in creating, sharing and maintaining of
localization projects in a project team.
 -- Multi-platform support; you can use it on with VC++, eMbedded Visual
Tools, C++Builder, Delphi, EPOC, Java (SE&ME), VB, WAP; Data [includes XML-,
INI- & TXT-file support]

Best regards,

Erik Lindberg
http://www.multilizer.com