Hello,

is there any source for how text field API is implemented?
I wonder if it is drawing the string in an offscreen buffer
then draw the parts of it when we scroll the scroll bar...

If it is so, where does it allocate the offscreen buffer?
in a dynamic heap for the app or for the OS?
is that why there is a limit in the number of characters
we can put in a text field?

If it doesn't store the string in a offscreen buffer,
then is it drawing the visible string in real time when we
move the scroll bar? but it refreshes so smoothly without
any noticable flickering... how do they do that?

Thanks in advance.