"Vang, Vang (V.)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Using visual c++ as an editor, I am trying to locate the beginning or ending
> of a record in a raw "*.pdb" file. Can some home help me determine the
> characters to look for? I think "\r\n" represents the division but I am not
> sure.

You can't do it by scanning for characters. The offset of each record is
stored in an index near the start of the .pdb file. You parse the index
and then you can find the records.

--
Dave Carrigan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])            | Yow! I wish I was on a
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | Cincinnati street corner holding