Well, I don't get it.  To avoid data collision all that is required is
for the application to generate a unique ID, that could be saved on the
device.  I doubt that any of these uses, that you mention, require that
the hardward be unique.  Only that the application be able to generate
a unique ID so that there are no data collisions, as you put it.

This can be done without a unique h/w id.