> From: Ralph Krausse
>
> UInt32 depthMask, depth;
> WinScreenMode (winScreenModeGetSupportedDepths, 0, 0, &depthMask, 0);
> depth=0;
> while (depthMask)
> {
>       depth = depth + 1;
>       depthMask = depthMask >> 1;
> };
> WinScreenMode ( winScreenModeSet, 0, 0, &depth, 0);
>
> I am running a IIIC rom. The depth it returns is 4. Shouldn't it
> be 8? I am missing something?

I get 8 on palmos35-dr4-en-color.rom.  Are you sure about your rom version?
Did you test the returned Err after the first call to WinScreenMode in case
it failed for some reason?

(BTW, I don't think I'd use a while loop to convert the depth that
winScreenModeGetSupportedDepths returns to 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 -- but that's
just a matter of style.)