"maria jönsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I want to read a record form a database and some of the data is floats.
How
> do I get the floats from the record?
> Then I need to save the record again. From all the examples I looked at I
> can only see strings saved to a record. But how do I do if I want to save
> floats??

A "record" is merely a number of bytes, which the Palm stores in a protected
area.  The bytes can contain any data you want.  For example:

typedef struct {
 Char   code[32];
 Char   description[32];
 FlpCompDouble price;
 FlpCompDouble taxRate;
} ItemType;

The record is of size sizeof(ItemType), and contaqins whatever you feel
like.  (Here, two "strings" amd two doubles.)

If this doesn't help, please post a (small) sample of your code, so I can
get a better idea of what you are stuck with.

Alan Ingleby