"Essell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> i'm having this problem with Codewarrior. When i try to run my application
> it says "Target not registered" Until now it was working just fine .. this
> problem has occured all of a sudden .. without any changes/modifications
> my code. I know this has been posted before .. but i didn't find any
> positive solutions to this problem. Thanks a million ..

My experience has shown two quite different paths to solving
the problem.

The first is to shut down anything that might interrupt background
processes - HotSync manager, internet connection, etc (Evan
mentioned WinAmp).

The other approach is to clean up your prc - remove all breakpoints,
clear the object code and recompile clean, make sure that any static
libraries are up to date, etc.

This error is intermittent for me and one of these generally clears
it up.  Be nice if someone could work out what it is.  I guess until
it shows up for an engineer at CW or Palm we're out of luck.
Even if someone could just look up what triggers the 'Target not
registered' message I think we'd be closer to a solution.

Chris Tutty