I have been following this thread with interest. I have tried to install a sample
database into my application but have run into a
small problem. I have created a .r file with a line like the following:

read 'abc ' (Resource#) "DBName";

PalmRez does not like the last character of the TypeID to be a blank character. I get
the following error message:

Link Error   : PalmRez Error: Bad resource ( cba) found (first letter not a-z)

An obvious solution would be to change the TypeID so that the last character is not a
blank, but unfortunately the application has
been released for several years and I would like to preserve backward compatibility.

Any suggestions?

Laurie