Hello everyone,
Here is just something I noticed. If you call another application within
your application and then set an alarm, any pop-up lists in the called
application will close when the alarm is triggered. This is really
problematic when the alarm is called continuously until some criterion is
met.

For example I call HotSync from my application and then set and alarm:

err = DmGetNextDatabaseByTypeCreator (true, &searchState,
sysFileTApplication, sysFileCSync,true,  &cardNo, &dbID);
if (!err)
{
thisAppErr=SysCurAppDatabase(&thisAppCardNo, &thisAppLocalID);
err=SysUIAppSwitch(cardNo, dbID, sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch, 0);
if (!err)
{
if (!thisAppErr) thisAppErr = AlmSetAlarm (thisAppCardNo, thisAppLocalID,
cmdAlarmAfterHotSyncConfig, TimGetSeconds(), true);
}
}

When handled in the PilotMain function this alarm when triggered looks at
the GNextUIAppDBID system marcro to determine if HotSync is still the
running application. If it is then the alarm is set again, if not the
SysUISwitch is used to relaunch my application. In this way my application
relaunches as soon as any other application is opened.

case cmdAlarmAfterHotSyncConfig:
     error = DmGetNextDatabaseByTypeCreator (true,
&searchState,'appl', 'MTyp', true, &cardNo, &dbID);
HotSyncCardNo=0;
HotSyncDBID=DmFindDatabase(HotSyncCardNo, "HotSync");
if(HotSyncDBID!=0)
{
// If HotSync is not the running application
relaunchApp=(GNextUIAppDBID!=HotSyncDBID);
}
if(relaunchApp==true)
{
if (!error) error=SysUIAppSwitch(cardNo, dbID, sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch,
0);
}
else if (!error) error = AlmSetAlarm(cardNo, dbID,
cmdAlarmAfterHotSyncConfig, TimGetSeconds(), true);
break;

The problem is that each time the alarm is triggered (i.e. when HotSync is
still the current application), any popped up list closes, meaning that they
only stay open for a fraction of a second and are inaccessible. Am I missing
something here?
Regards,
Ger