I have an application with horizontal scroll bars, and like Chris said, make
the width greater than the height.  I use codewarrior, and I am currently
looking at this working on an OS 3.3 device, and I am pretty positive this
also worked on OS 3.0 before I upgraded the device.
--
Scott Dreslinski
[EMAIL PROTECTED]