Hi Alan,

>From the pilrc 2.8p7 README :

 " PilRCUI can be compiled  by typing the following at your  command prompt
  when using a system with "gtk" support (unix systems mainly):

     make -f Makefile.gui

  NOTE: PilRCUI has not been updated, and may not build correctly - unless
        there is a fix for this, you should ignore it and use another tool
        such as 'pilrcedit' to do resource editing."

I don't think Aaron has made an effort to support this for years.  I think
2.5 was
the last version to have it.  Pilrcedit is pretty good.  Make a backup of
your rcp.  I've had it eat a few of mine that pilrc thought were just fine.

WRT the menu problem, I've never had that problem personally.
Perhaps it would be useful to post the (relevant portions of) .rcp file?

HTH,

Ed