Thanks Kevin,
    It is working.
Actually , I am dynamically creating the contents of
the list.
and to store the  Char** occupied by the List, i am
using the feature memory.
When the List is invisible i am freeing the memory.
I am sure that it is freeing the memory,
since i am not getting the UIappShell error (possible
memory leak).
  But i do get a bus error which states that it has
performed an illegal operation.
  I dont know where the error is as it occurs
randomly, but it appears only when i populate the
list. and it's hard to trace.

   Thank You
 Shawn