Well, at the very least, update to the current version of the Palm OS
Emulator.  The error message you cite indicates that you're running a
very old version.

As for what's causing the crash, I couldn't say.  I know what *I'd*
do in you position (use PalmDebugger to poke around and see what
cause the crash at the assembly level), but I realize that not all
developers are comfortable with doing that themselves.

-- Keith