OK,

I now have a gadget by which I can scribble on (as in a signature).

I can successfuly save it's bits to an offscreen window and restore them.

But I'm really struggling writing this 'bitmap' to a database and then
retrieving it.

Question:
    Do I HAVE to save this bitmap to a resource database ?  I would think I
could tuck it away as a record and retrieve it and cast it back BitmapType*.
But I'm certainly having no luck here with that.

It sort of kind of seems to work but not as expected :/  And I have not even
gotten to compressing it.

I'm sure (if this is possible) I'm missing something really, really stupid.

-MD