Getting rid of a database after you've screwed it up ;-)

I've got an app now with an occasional Free Handle Error that makes my
database untouchable and un-deleteable.  (that is you even think about
looking/touching it and it crashes with MemoryMgr.c, Line 4384 Free Handle

Is there anyway to nuke it baring a hard reset ?

I seem to remember a system call that I cannot find that told the OS to
cleanup after me and force databases closed after I left a pointer dangling.

-MD