I'm having a similar problem -- and I still can't get it resolved...

CW 7.0 compiles my app perfectly for the Debug version, but when I try to
build the Release target, the linker gives:

Link Error   : __RuntimeModule__: '__Startup__' referenced from
'__DummyStartup__' is undefined.

I don't know where Startup or DummyStartup would be defined (they're not
part of my app).  I created my app project using the New project wizard (I
think I selected New Palm OS 3.5 Stationary Project, but maybe it was New
Palm OS Application).  In any case, the project started out as a clone of
the "Starter" application with both the Debug and Release targets already
setup.  I just started changing the "Starter" name to "MyProject" name
everywhere.  That seems to have worked -- there is no trace of any of the
original Starter files or names in my project, but I still have this link
problem for the release build.

I looked under my app's release settings under the 68k target tab.  My
project type is "Palm OS Application" and the only option there is "File
Name" (which is set to myproject.tmp).  There is no option for a code entry
point.

Thanks,
-Jason