A co-worker of mine claims that he installed his application on an
m505's SD card and was able to use DmGetNextDatabaseByTypeCreator to
find his databases (that he also stored on the SD card) and open them
using DmOpenDatabase. The Palm desktop, as I understand it, will install
files that you change the destination on to /PALM/Launcher

Everything I've read and tried shows that this is not possible. I've
done a bit of reading about VFS and the closest thing I'm found is
opening a file using VFS and then using the VFS call to get a resource.

Is it possible to use the standard Database Manager routines to access
files on SD? I'm almost 100% sure that this is not possible without some
type of hack, but before I tell my co-worker that he's full of baloney,
I want to double check.

Thanks.
--
Scott Gruby