> On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, John Marshall wrote:
>> > 5) Used the setup program from the cygwin site, per the
>> > instructions, and used the http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/install
>> > as the source.  Specified c:\PalmDev as the install path.
>>
>> As I said,
>>
>>      WHEN YOU RERUN SETUP.EXE, *DON'T* CHANGE THE INSTALLATION PATH
>>      -- LEAVE IT THE SAME AS THE FIRST TIME, E.G., C:\CYGWIN.
>
>  maybe you should c+p these lines John? :)
>
>  may also be good to put the sdk headers in /palmdev inside the
>  cygwin install (ie: create a cygwin-palmos-sdk-3_5.tar.gz) file
>  the notion that you have /palmdev for the sdk may confuse people (as
>  it did here)
>
>  sdk installation != prc-tools installation.

The instructions say, "Palm OS SDKs and other Palm OS development
material".  Some of us do know that SDK != prc-tools.  But please note
that "other development material" is also stated and may be meaning prc-
tools, to those of us who are not aware of secret requirements.
Especially, since it is specified AFTER cygwin installation and BEFORE prc-
tools installation.

And before you jump on me for being ignorant of that fact, how is one to
glean that from the "detailed instructions?"