I am trying to set a button caption from a string in a database record, but
am not having success.  There is a null-terminated string in the field, and
stepping through the code it appears to work fine, but the button displays
blank, and appears to be corrupt.  What am I doing wrong?  Does the recP
variable lose scope when exiting the routine?  If so, where should I put the
string?  In a global?

  // Get packed record from the database.
  recH = DmQueryRecord(gDB, *index);
  packedRecP = (PackedRec *) MemHandleLock(recH);
  if (packedRecP == NULL)
   return (false);

  // Unpack the record.
  UnpackRec(recP, packedRecP);