Steve,
I would think the answer is yes.  If you want to develop with SDK 3.5 and
MSL the easiest way would be to use code warrior 7.0.  If you are willing
to play around a lot with include/link paths you could probably get it to
work with 8.0 by including the SDK 4.0 Glue libraries but they might depend
on SDK 4.0 too, but it could be an option.

It may be none of my business but why are you needing to stay with SDK
3.5?  You can support the older versions of the OS with SDK 4.0 so long as
you use the glue functions when needed.
Richard