-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Aaron
Ardiri
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:10 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: RE: Multi tasking/multi threading

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Syed Najeebullah Hussaini wrote:
> I Have searched the archives regarding the information on Multi threading
or
> Multi tasking, but i am not able to get any information regarding this in
KB
> Will you pls do inform whether it is possible to do multi threading or
multi
> tasking in PalmOS using Codewarrior or not.

  palm does not allow 3rd party applications to have multi-threading
natively
  in the operating system. if you wish to do multiple-tasks, then, you need
  to write your own thread scheduling algorithm and manage your event loop
  correctly to do so. there is timers in the palmos, but, unless you know
  what your doing - dont bother trying to use them.. they are undocumented
  and for system-use only. only a handful of developers have managed to
  successfully tweak timers to work - and, they are not guarenteed to work

> If yes how can i progress I Joined this forum abouta month ago and so i
> don;t have archives regarding this topics.

  just because you only joined, it doesn't mean you cannot access the
  archives - they are archived on escribe and other places (forgot other
  website now - maybe someone in the list can remind us):

    http://www.escribe.com/computing/pcpqa/index.html

  the escribe archives have been mentioned at east a couple of times
  since you joined.. so, you have no exception not knowing about them
  really.

// az
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ardiri.com/