-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of matro
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 4:08 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: PalmDebugger USB hangs

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to debug an application with my Treo180
(Handspring, OS3.5) and Handspring PalmDebugger via USB.

PalmDebugger is taken from Handspring tools, v3.6d7 22/2/2002.

First difference with 'normal' situation is Treo180 hasn't got
graffiti, there's a keyboard instead. so, I cannot activate debug
console with shortcut, then I use the gdbPanel.

Problem is PalmDebugger hangs when I select "Install Database and Load
Symbols..." (F8) menu item. Here are the steps:

- load PalmDebugger
- activate debug stub on device
- PalmDebugger display 'welcome' screen and BREAKS WITH AN
  EXCEPTION
- now, I try to leave the 'att' giving "g" command, then I try
  to select F8, but it hangs...
- I realized it's trying to talk with device: if I press "debug" on
  gdbPanel, it leaves hang and display "cannot communicate with
  device".

so, I cannot load an application and debug it. I tried with POSE and
everything works: when I activate POSE and PalmDebugger, it doesn't
give any exception, F8 works and everything runs.

I don't know if problem is on USB, on PalmDebugger release on with my
steps.

Anyone has got a solution? please help!
--------

MATRO

RealPopup, the freeware winpopup replacer
http://www.realpopup.it