On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 01:05:06PM -0700, Joe Siebenmann wrote:
> When I said "the latest PRC-Tools", I meant:
> prc-tools-2.0.92-cygwin.tar.gz with the "latest"
> Cygwin package.  What I went back to was:
> cygwin-b20.1-full.exe

I know of no circumstance involving suspected compiler bugs in which it
would be sensible to revert from current Cygwin + prc-tools 2.0.92 to
Cygwin B20.1 + prc-tools 2.0.  Any compiler bug present in 2.0.92 is
also present in 2.0.  Many compiler bugs in 2.0 were fixed by 2.0.92.

> I made a second try at the whole install, after
> Aaron's help, so I used pilrc-2.8, not the newer 2.9..
>
> This was not a personal attack on anyone, I noticed a
> problem and tried to tell you about it.

I don't think anyone took it as a personal attack, though I do wonder
just what you intended to convey in your first and last paragraphs.
They didn't seem to have anything to do with the problem you were trying
to explain.

And in fact you still haven't explained what the problem is.  All this
talk of PilRC... are you saying that the problem has gone away now that
you are using an up to date version of PilRC, and in fact you didn't
encounter a bug in prc-tools 2.0.92 at all?

    John