>Subject: RE: Metrowerks debugging question.
>From: Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 01:32:58 -0500
>In article <86724@palm-dev-forum>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>>
>> Yes the debug dot is set for all the files. One more interesting
>> observation:
>>
>> Now when my application crashes, codewarrior crashes as well
>>giving an unhandled exception. I removed and reinstalled
>> codewarrior (7.1 with Palm OS 4.0 SDK).
>> The problem still persists. Now projects that I was able to debug,
>>I am not able to.

>For CodeWarrior 7.1, we recommend staying with POSE 3.3
>or earlier.  There are some problems with the CW 7 debugger
>and later versions of POSE that have been fixed in the V8 tools,
>but we're not planning on fixing for earlier versions.

This is not an acceptable response!  There's a nasty bug here
which needs to get fixed.  Question is whether is can be fixed in
POSE or fixed in CW.  Regardless, it needs to get fixed!

The bug is that you can only debug modules in the first segment.

The workaround for the bug is to move the module you want to
debug into the first segment, or as Ben suggests, use an obsolete
version of POSE.

Roger Stringer
Marietta Systems, Inc.