On Tue, 28 May 2002, Mike McCollister wrote:
> What's up with the 12-bit mode on the Treo 90?  How
> can I detect that a 12-bit mode exists?  I thought
> that the Palm API only includes support for 2^N screen
> depths?  Does the treo just use the 16-bit mode and
> not use all of the bits?

  good question :)

  i'd like to try toggle :) i dont think it needs a 2^n
  screen resolution :) you can get the available bitmap
  depths using an API.. we'll just have to check if it is
  12 rather than 16 :)

  for compatibility purposes, they may use 16bit windows
  internally and adjust to 12 bit at runtime:

    5:6:5 --> 4:4:4

      r >> 1
      g >> 2
      b >> 1

  a lookup table could easily be put in rom for this purpose
  - they units are not flashable :) it'll be nasty with pixel
  boundaries since 12 bit = 1.5 bytes per pixel :)

  will probably give the desired effect.. however, a lower
  bit count on the green might give it a red/blue tone.. i
  would like to see it personally and do some tests myself

// az
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ardiri.com/