At 10:42 AM -0700 2002/05/28, DL wrote:
>But POSE now doesn't operate like a real Palm under the guise of making sure
>the developer does the right thing.

I think you misunderstand. The ROM image is responsible for this behavior, not POSE.
Give POSE a Release ROM image (from an actual device, for example) and it will behave
as you expect. Give POSE a Debug ROM image (from our web site) to activate numerous
additional behaviors intended to help gremlin-proof your application.

>However, a modal dialog doesn't generate
>a frmUpdateEvent an thus I'm not able to "do the right thing" and redraw the
>lines. Therefore if you draw lines, etc. in POSE and a dialog is displayed,
>POSE is unable to provide a debugging solution. You have to defer to a real
>Palm handheld I guess.

On the contrary, modal dialogs do cause form update events to be sent to the
underlying dialog's event handler. If you're not seeing this behavior, double-check
your forms' event handlers and/or the structure of your main event loop(s). You can
generally debug your code much more easily via POSE than with an actual device... see
the POSE docs on logging/tracing program execution for more info.

Regards,

Jim Schram
PalmSource Inc.
Partner Engineering